Last week, Digitas held its first-ever Digitas University Open House at the New York office. Over 125 of the brightest upcoming and recent college graduates from 32 universities packed the invite-only event to hear top Digitas executives leaders Joanne Zaiac (President of Digitas New York, Stamford & Atlanta), Matt D'Ercole (Executive Creative Director), and Carl Fremont (Executive Vice President, Media) speak candidly about their career paths and share advice with the future stars of our industry. Here’s some of the key takeaways that students tweeted out during the event:
- "Don't wait for things to come to you. Get out there." - @naroberts27
- Never lose your curiosity! It is the driving force for your career. - @Success1O1
- "Winning together is a culture here @Digitas” - @adarcita
- Carl [Fremont] said stay focus when something goes wrong. I believe in that too. - @HelenZidane
- "I love crazy people" - Matt D'Ercole, on what he looks for in a prospective employee, lol - @dora_says
Attendees were then treated to one-on-one attention from over 60 Digitas employees from various capabilities across the agency and had a chance to see live demos of the latest gadgets, technologies and work. Students also had the opportunity to submit their resumes and chat with Digitas recruiters about internships and full-time opportunities. Best of all: a lucky few won six-month mentorships with a Digitas executive from their field of interest.
Student attendees chat with Digitas employees at the event.
Digitas University is one of many representations of how the agency aims to uncover talent well-versed in and passionate about the digital marketing, media, technology, and creative aspects of advertising. Other Digitas efforts include an active partnership with Syracuse University’s advertising school (S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications) where agency employees help professors integrate digital into their curriculum. Digitas also partners with Pace University where students have opportunities to work and learn alongside agency employees that specialize in mobile and social technology on a co-op (or multi-term) basis.
You can learn more about our recruiting events on the Digitas Facebook page.
- Jamie Gribin, Manager, Recruiting, Digitas